Art is a lens through which we can think critically about the world. To reflect the complexities of life today, many visual artists are blending traditional art with new technologies and digital applications. As the home to Canada’s first Digital Sculpture Laboratory, Visual Art at the School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD) is hotbed of emerging expertise in new media. We have a bold vision to introduce more learning opportunities that challenge students to think in new ways and explore the world of art from multiple perspectives.
Your gift will help student unleash their creativity and ignite bold new ideas with the support of artists from varied backgrounds.
- Provide Doctoral Conference Travel Awards for PhD candidates in Art History and Visual Culture
- Recruit visiting artists — including alumni as part of a new Boomerang Visiting Artist Series — to support students as they innovate, experiment and build a body of independent work
- Showcase a new, one-of-a-kind, student-led Curatorial Studies Exhibition featuring the York University art collection and work from the local art community
- Attract curatorial studies scholars to campus as part of a new Curatorial Studies Seminar
- Introduce an Artist-in-Residence Program to give professional artists access to AMPD’s studios and students
For more information about how you can help define our creative future today, contact:
Alasdair Hooper CFRE
Senior Development Officer
Office of the Dean